Thursday, March 10, 2016

A Fixer Upper Inspired Master Reno

     Ever had one of those projects that's supposed to be finished in one weekend.. and then it turns into a 2 month project?  Maybe it's just me, being a procrastinator, not having the adequate skills(i.e. hanging closet doors), and living 2 hours away from the project.  Well that was THIS project.  It may have taken me 2 months to finally complete this reno, but it was all worth it in the end.

     If you're a crazy HGTV'er like me, you know of the show Fixer Upper.  Nothing is more important on a Tuesday night than my couch and that show!! I love watching them restore such aged and lifeless homes into beautiful spaces, it's so inspiring!  Not to mention the incredibly sweet and godly marriage/lifestyle they model through their lives and show.  So, on to this little project of mine.  After the last project I completed for my parents(see their foyer makeover here), they trusted me enough to take another project.  So humbling and exciting for me!  Their master bedroom was long overdue for a makeover.  I'm calling this one A Fixer Upper Inspired Renovation.  A few of the things you'll notice in the room were inspired by Joanna's beautiful creativity on Fixer Upper.  It never hurts to have some inspiration!

Disclaimer:  I am very aware of the awfully wrinkled curtains and pillows but I was also too impatient to wait another week for these pictures.  It's all a learning process and I'm now the owner a fancy, little, handheld steamer.






Sweet pup..had to have a little spotlight..he's under
a beautiful bench we found a TJmaxx.

Mom finally caved and invested in Pottery Barn bedding.
After 3 hours in PB, I ended up leaving with the same bedding
I have on my own bed.  She had always loved mine and it 
just fit what we were going for!



Just wait till you see the before of this dresser!  I'm 
so pleased with the way it turned out.


This was definitely my favorite part of the whole room! 
This little corner is just so cozy.


The hanging basket was inspired by Fixer Upper




Have you tried 1803 candles?? They're the best!



I may have wanted to keep these for myself..
Found these vintage drawers at a sweet little 
coffee shop/antique store in High Springs.







Another detail that comes from some Fixer Upper inspiration.






My awesome hubby glued/nailed these boards to the top
of these tables and stained them for me.  After staining them,
we decided they needed a little something more.  A few "accidental" 
brush stokes later we had these beautiful distressed tops.  He won't
claim it, but he's quite artistic and had these brush strokes down
to a science.



The tables almost match the bench.






And the before... that my mom might just want to kill me for.


oh.. the wallpaper..

See that armoire?  It's 2 pieces, they slid right apart.. and
then we had end tables!! Voila







Until the next reno...

Goodnight, friends!




Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Pure Lovely. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.