Sunday, January 29, 2017

A Blog Makeover and My First E-design!

The list of to-dos and responsibilities never get shorter, but I always have this little blog on my mind.  It's my creative space.  And although it's far from perfect and not near as wonderful as some that I drool over, I'm proud of it and excited to see it grow.  A new year means a fresh new look and name.  I've "renovated" the whole thing so take a look around!  I finally added an "About Me" page, and a whole lot more.  I even have a collective space for all my projects(which would be a whole whopping 2 of them right now. Ha.)  Breathe, Rachel.  More projects are coming.


Something else that I have started and am super excited about is e-design... That's what I call it anyway.  As much as I aspire to be a designer, and know all their fancy slang... Let's face it.  I know as much as Pinterest(i.e. my Google) can teach me.  So here it is.  My first "e-design", mood board, whatever you want to call the thing.. Check it out.


The story behind this space:
November 29, 2016 will forever be a day my small town cherishes the remarkable life of Megan Zipperer.  A wife, and mother of 3, at the age of 25 who passed due to Cervical Cancer.  She fought so hard for months and her faithfulness in God through this time swept the nation and touched so many lives.  Megan was such an inspiration because of her spirit through fighting cancer.  I did not know the family personally and had only met Megan once while at the hair salon.  We became friends on Facebook shortly after and I followed her journey all the way, even now as it continues to live on through her family.  Long story short- at one point the family was going to move into a new home.  So her precious daughter Sutton was the inspiration for my first e-design.  She is a spitting image of Megan,  it's crazy.  I have not met her, but from what I can see, her personality is all her mama too.  She even models.  Just precious.  From what I gathered through following her, Megan was a closet mom and one of the things she sold or maybe was just really into was Matilda Jane.  The teepee and pillow sham in the design are both by MJ.  I also incorporated some hints of teal.  Teal is the color supporting cervical cancer. and the color Megan wore quite often.  My favorite part of this room is the hand painted wall art which you can shop for by going to the link below.  I pray that this scripture is spoken over Sutton as she grows up without her mama. I had so much fun designing this with a sweet little girl in mind.  You can read Megan's full story here.




This started as a hobby a couple months ago as I was planning out what I wanted to do in our home office(maybe I'll share that one soon).  I could literally sit for hours and plan a room.  Looking through all these lovely sites and piecing together a room, piece by meaningful piece.

So, e-design.  My new way of being creative.  My "play time."  Maybe one day I'll be designing one for a client.  A girl can dream right?  Until then, I'll just design away and occasionally share what I come up with.  Thanks so much for taking time to keep up with this lovely little blog.

Until next time,

Rachel






Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Pure Lovely. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.